What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service
Industry regulatory disclosure requirements
PRIVACY NOTICE REGARDING CLIENT PRIVACY AS REQUIRED BY REGULATION S-P & REGULATION S-AM
Maintaining the trust and confidence of our clients and visitors is a high priority. That is why we want you to understand how we protect your privacy when we collect and use information about you, and the steps that we take to safeguard that information. This notice is provided to you on behalf of The Incredible Penny.
Information We Collect: In connection with providing investment products, financial advice, or other services, we obtain non-public personal information about you, including:
- Information we receive from you on account applications, such as your address, date of birth, Social Security Number, occupation, financial goals, assets and income;
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others; and
- Information received from credit or service bureaus or other third parties, such as your credit history or employment status.
Categories of Information We Disclose: We may only disclose information that we collect in accordance with this policy. Sickle Hunter Financial Advisors does not sell customer lists and will not sell your name to telemarketers.
Categories of Parties to Whom We Disclose: We will not disclose information regarding you or your account at Sickle Hunter Financial Advisors, except under the following circumstances:
- To entities that perform services for us or function on our behalf, including financial service providers, such as a clearing broker-dealer, investment company, or insurance company;
- To consumer reporting agencies,
- To third parties who perform services or marketing on our behalf;
- To your attorney, trustee or anyone else who represents you in a fiduciary capacity;
- To our attorneys, accountants or auditors; and
- To government entities or other third parties in response to subpoenas or other legal process as required by law or to comply with regulatory inquiries.
How We Use Information: Information may be used among companies that perform support services for us, such as data processors, technical systems consultants and programmers, or companies that help us market products and services to you for a number of purposes, such as:
- To protect your accounts from unauthorized access or identity theft;
- To process your requests such as securities purchases and sales;
- To establish or maintain an account with an unaffiliated third party, such as a clearing broker-dealer providing services to you and/or The Incredible Penny;
- To service your accounts, such as by issuing checks and account statements;
- To comply with Federal, State, and Self-Regulatory Organization requirements;
- To keep you informed about financial services of interest to you.
Regulation S-AM: Under Regulation S-AM, a registered investment adviser is prohibited from using eligibility information that it receives from an affiliate to make a marketing solicitation unless: (1) the potential marketing use of that information has been clearly, conspicuously and concisely disclosed to the consumer; (2) the consumer has been provided a reasonable opportunity and a simple method to opt out of receiving the marketing solicitations; and (3) the consumer has not opted out. Sickle Hunter Financial Advisors does not receive information regarding marketing eligibility from affiliates to make solicitations.
Our Security Policy: We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those individuals who need to know that information to provide products or services to you and perform their respective duties. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural security measures to safeguard confidential client information.
Complaint Notification: Please direct complaints to: Travis Sickle at The Incredible Penny, 620 E Twiggs Street Suite 304; Tampa, FL 33602; (813) 321-6423.